An Annotated Bibliography of Italian
return to previous page
- Alfonsi, Ferdinando, Ed. Poeti Italo-americani: Italo-american
Poets, a Bilingual Anthology. Catanzaro, Italy: Antonio Carello Editore, 1985.
- [The first bilingual anthology of poetry by Americans of
- Barolini, Helen, ed. The Dream Book: an Anthology of Writings by
Italian-american Women. New York: Schocken, 1985.
- [Featuring poems, plays, personal narratives and fiction by
women, this unique collection is prefaced by an important essay on the l Italian/American
- Bona, Mary Jo, ed. The Voices We Carry: Recent Italian-American
Womens Fiction. Montreal: Guernica Editions, 1994.
- [Featuring 14 women whose writings take on new dimensions when
placed with each others in this anthology. Included are: Dorothy Bryant, Diana
Cavallo, Mary Bush, Susan Leonardi, Daniela Gioseffi, Rachel Guido DeVries, Lynn Vanucci
- Capone, Giovanna (Janet) and Leto, Denise, eds. Sinister Wisdom.
Il Viaggio Delle Donne. Volume 41 (Summer/Fall 1990).
- [Dedicated to the writings of Italian-American lesbians.]
- Fontanella, Luigi and Valesio, Paolo, eds. Italian Poets in
America. Gradiva: International Joural of Italian Literature 5.1 (1992-93).
- [Bilingual anthology of Italian poets living in America,
including: Luigi Ballerini, Peter Carravetta, Ned Condini, Alfredo De Palchi, Luigi
Fontanella, Allesandro Carrera, Giose Rimanelli, Paolo Valesio, Maria Marcelli, Mario
Morone, Tonia Riviello, Emilio Speciale, Joseph Tusiani.]
- Minni, C.D, ed. Ricordi: Things Remembered, an Anthology of Short
Stories. Toronto: Guernica, 1989.
- [Thematically connected through the Italian experience in
Canada, the stories in this collection reflect a variety of Canadas best
Italian-American story writers and novelists.]
- Pucelli, Rodolfo, ed. Anthology of Italian and Italo-american
Poetry. Boston: Bruce Humphries, 1954.
- [The first attempt to collect Italian-American poetry.]
- Romano, Rose, ed. La Bella Figura: a Choice. San Francisco:
Malafemmina press, 1992.
- [An anthology of the poetry published in the literary journal La
- Tamburri, Anthony J., Paolo Giordano and Fred L. Gardaphé, Eds. From
the Margin: Writings in Italian Americana. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue University
- [The first anthology of contemporary Italian-American male and
female poets, story writers and critics.]
Critical and Bibliographical Resources